Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Back to Work?

Always munching on her fists!

I LOVE this outfit on Violet! It's fun to dress her up in more than just onesies now!

So while I was on maternity leave I cried almost everyday telling Eric that I didn't want couldn't go back to work! He told me I just had to figure out how to make it work (financially, insurance, etc.) and I could stay home. Well during my first week back I figured it out...we are going to be poor! Haha that is how it's going to work! Eric was game since he realized how hard it is being a stay at home dad, going to school full time, and working on the weekends (super dad award goes too...) Anyways I am totally excited to be staying home, in fact I feel like two weeks notice is literally killing me! Violet is changing so much and TOO fast for me! Can I just freeze time for a second? I love being her mama, and I am excited to really get a chance to be her mama! I feel new respect for working moms, I know they want to be with their babe's as much as I do, but they are doing the best thing for their family. It's was so hard to make the decision to quit because I really had to have faith that everything was going to work out. It is scary to dive in, but I know it's the right decision for our family and I will be blessed for making the sacrifices. My working hours are seriously the worst! I go to work as soon as Violet wakes up and I come home in time to put her to bed! Awful! I feel so blessed to have worked 6 YEARS for Mountain America, it has been such a wonderful job, it feels so weird to think that I won't be going back when it has been such a huge part of my life for so long!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm so excited for you Whit! It will be worth every sacrifice you make and Violet will thank you every day.

kris said...

that's wonderful. being poor isn't all that bad :)

Erika said...

That's great that you get to stay home. I love it. There will be times where you want to pull your hair out and need to get out of the house, but seeing your kids grow is totally worth it! As far as being poor, I have two words of advice: PAY TITHING. It's kept us afloat for the last six and a half years. Congrats!